EMC CPD Face-to-Face: Refresh Your Approach to Othello for A Level Literature
- £245 per place
- EMC, London
- Reading the play – from pre-reading to revision
- Othello as tragedy – practical strategies for introducing, exploring and using concepts and criticism effectively to illuminate the text
- Creative and critical approaches to reading and analysing the text
- Active approaches to criticism.
EMC, 44 Webber Street, London, SE1 8QW
How to get to the English and Media Centre
Waterloo and Waterloo East are within 10 minutes walk
Southwark on the Jubilee Line
Waterloo on the Jubilee, Bakerloo, Waterloo & City and Northern Lines
The following bus routes go close to Webber Street: 1, 139, 168, 171, 172, 344
Lucy WebsterLucy Webster has been an advisory teacher at EMC since 1999. She is co-editor of emagazine, runs courses and writes and edits publications, specialising in A Level English Literature. Recent publications include Doing Close Reading, Studying A Streetcar Named Desire, Studying Hamlet and Exploring Mrs Dalloway. She edited The Literature Reader and co-edited What Matters in English Teaching.
Emma Barker worked as an English teacher for many years in London schools, leading each of the key stages before becoming Head of English. At the EMC since 2016, she ran the English with media/drama PGCE course until 2023 and continues to teach the English side of EMC's Media with English PGCE with Goldsmiths, as well as working on student conferences and A Level courses at the Centre
Professor Emma SmithEmma Smith is Professor of Shakespeare Studies at Hertford College, University of Oxford and the author of many books about Shakespeare, including This is Shakespeare (2019).
- Bookings for this course will close at 8am on Monday 5th February 2024 or when capacity is reached, whichever is the sooner.
- This course must be booked online.
- To book this course you must be signed into one of the following accounts:
- UK Educator Admin (purchasing)
- UK Teacher – Home Address Only
- UK Private Individual
- If you have a UK Educator Standard (non-purchasing) account you will not be able to book the course. Sign in to your account and add it to your Wishlist. See the list of people able to book courses at your organisation by clicking ‘My Account’, then ‘Our Admin Users’.
- Click 'Book now’ (right-hand column).
- Add the number of places you need.
- Fill in the names and email addresses of the people attending. To secure your place, please make sure you add the attendee details immediately and checkout within 9 minutes. Otherwise the booking will expire and you will have to begin the process again. The joining information and post-course email will be emailed to both the person booking the course and the attendee.
- Click submit and then Go to basket.
- Please pay by card if you can. If you need to pay by invoice, you must be signed into a UK Educator Admin User (purchasing) account. You will not be able to request an invoice if you have one of the short courses in your basket at the same time. These must be paid for in advance.
- Once you have booked your place, you will see a screen 'Your order was a success!' You may want to make a note of your order number. The person making the booking and the attendee will also receive an automatic acknowledgement of your booking.
- We know people who are travelling to in-person courses by train like to book their tickets as soon as possible to take advantage of cheaper fares. (For details of timing, centre address and map, see right.)
- Course Date:
- 07 Feb 2024
- Start Time:
- Bookings Close:
- 8.00AM on 05 Feb 2024