Studying Hamlet – EMC Advanced Literature Series Shakespeare (Hard copy, DVD + digital assets)
ERA Finalist 2018
Resources and activities to support students in exploring and analysing Hamlet as a literary text and as a drama script in production.
Includes substantial critical extracts and eight articles originally published in emagazine, as well as two video lectures on DVD.
This all-in-one student book and teacher resource in the EMC Advanced Literature Series, includes a PDF of the full publication, as well as two video lectures on DVD.
A copy of the DVD is included with every order, so that you can photocopy sections of the PDF publication or use it on your whiteboard. The prices drop dramatically when you buy five or more copies, allowing you to invest in the book for your students.
- Activities for before reading.
- Key activities on each act.
- Substantial after reading activities to allow students to explore key ideas in greater depth:
- genre (tragedy and revenge tragedy)
- character and characterisation
- Critical and contextual material (including on a range of productions) is integrated throughout the publication, with activities focused on using it to illuminate the play.
- Production stills and case study of a production, including an interview with director Robert Icke.
- Four articles from emagazine on tragedy, revenge tragedy and early modern drama.
- Four articles from emagazine on Hamlet.
- Full PDF publication
- Production stills in colour
- Two video lectures by Dr Eric Langley (university College London), given at the English and Media Centre.
*One DVD included with each order.
This publication includes resources on DVD. As more and more computers no longer have a disk drive, these resources are now also supplied in downloadable form. Buy the publication online and the resources included on the DVD will be added to your account. Sign in to the account used to buy the publication, click My Account (top right), then navigate to 'Our Downloads' (My Downloads' if signed into an UK Individual Teacher UK or UK Private Individual account). You will also receive the print pack with DVD.
Please note there are multiple files to download.
If you want to download the publication at a later point, sign in to your account, then follow the instructions above.
Already own this publication with DVD and no longer have a DVD player/disk drive?
- If you previously bought this publication via the website, the digital version of the files has automatically been added to your account. Sign in to the account used to buy the publication, click My Account (top right), then navigate to 'Our Downloads' (My Downloads' if signed into an UK Individual Teacher UK or UK Private Individual account.
- If you bought the publication offline (email, post, phone), please email [email protected], with evidence of your purchase so that we can provide you with a digital version of the files.
- Studying Hamlet – EMC Advanced Literature Series Shakespeare (Hard copy, DVD + digital assets)
- Number of pages
- Resource Type
- Book in the style of EMC Advanced Literature Series, with photocopiable PDF & video lectures on DVD
- Sample PDF
- Publication Categories