EMC CPD Online: A Day for ECTs – Teaching with Confidence
- £150 per place
- Sharing experiences and ideas with other new teachers
- Strategies and resources for teaching challenging literature at KS3 and KS4
- Strategies and resources for teaching GCSE Language
- Teaching close reading
- Teaching vocabulary, grammar and punctuation in context.
Online, via Zoom. Details of how to join will be sent before the session.
- Course materials will be sent out in advance. Please either print these out or have them available on screen during the session.
- After the session you will receive the PowerPoint presentation, any resources used on the course, xxxx, as well as a £10 voucher to use against any purchase on www.englishandmedia.co.uk
- Vouchers can only be redeemed online.
- Only one voucher can be used per purchase.
- Vouchers expire after 6 weeks.
- This course will run with limited numbers.
- On these longer EMC online courses, we try to make good use of Zoom's interactive features, such as breakout rooms and live Q&A. This requires people to unmute their microphones and, preferably, to turn on their camera. If you would like to take part but will not be able to unmute your microphone, please email Kate ([email protected]) to discuss whether the course is suitable for you.
- As participants may be audible and visible, this course will not be recorded.
- Please note: courses are designed to be watched by one participant only.
This course was great and made me think a lot about my current classroom practice. The resources were useful and zoom was used effectively. The course leaders answered all queries in detail, signposting additional resources where possible. Overall, a great course!
Poppy Cook, George Spencer Academy
Kate OliverKate Oliver taught for 14 years in Inner London in various roles. She now works as an education consultant for The English and Media Centre, specialising in KS3 and KS4. Her favourite aspects of English teaching are creative writing and poetry. She also has a particular interest in the wider implications of the subject such as getting students reading for pleasure and engaging teachers of other subjects with language across the curriculum. Her most recent publications for EMC are KS3 Poetry Plus, Just Write and Animal Farm: An EMC Full Text Study Edition.
Lucy Hinchliffe is EMC’s Research & Projects Lead consultant. Her work is focused on exploring how English is taught in schools and how EMC can best support this through publications and CPD. She also specialises in KS3 and KS4 courses at the Centre, and has contributed to several publications, including the EMC Teaching novels pack for The Bone Sparrow, and EMC KS3 Poetry Plus. Lucy was an English teacher, KS3 Coordinator and whole school CPD leader in an outer London school prior to joining EMC full time.
- Bookings for this course close at 8am on Friday 1st December or when capacity is reached, whichever is the sooner.
- This course must be booked online.
- To book this course you must be signed into one of the following accounts (registering an account first if you need to):
- UK Educator Admin (purchasing)
- UK Teacher – Home Address Only
- UK Private Individual
- If you have a UK Educator Standard (non-purchasing) account you will not be able to book the course. Sign in to your account and add it to your Wishlist. See the list of people able to book courses at your organisation by clicking ‘My Account’, then ‘Our Admin Users’.
- Click 'Book now’ (right-hand column).
- Add the number of places you need.
- Fill in the names and email addresses of the people attending. To secure your place, please make sure you add the attendee details immediately and checkout within 9 minutes. Otherwise the booking will expire and you will have to begin the process again. The joining information and post-course email will be emailed to both the person booking the course and the attendee.
- Click submit and then Go to basket.
- Please pay by card if you can. If you need to pay by invoice, you must be signed into a ‘UK Educator Admin User' account. You will not be able to request an invoice if you have one of the short courses in your basket at the same time. These must be paid for in advance.
- Once you have booked your place, you will see a screen 'Your order was a success!' You may want to make a note of your order number. The person making the booking and the attendee will also receive an automatic acknowledgement of your booking.
- Your email with all the information you need to join the session will be sent out on Monday 4th december. Please make sure the name and email address of the person attending is included in the booking. You will be sent a reminder on the day of the course. Please check your junk or promotions folder. Still no luck? Email Maria.