Studying King Lear (Hard copy, USB + digital assets)
Resources and activities to support students in exploring and analysing King Lear as a literary text and as a drama script in production.
- Includes substantial critical extracts and articles originally published in emagazine.
- Combines practical classroom materials and a critical guide to the play.
- Before reading activities to introduce key ideas and encourage engagement.
- Key activities on each act.
- Substantial after reading activities to allow students to explore core aspects of the text through critical, creative, stylistic and investigative approaches:
- Dramatic context: tragedy
- Sources and re-tellings
- The world of King Lear
- King Lear on stage.
- Critical and contextual material (including on a range of productions) integrated throughout the publication
- Full PDF publication
- Production stills in colour
- One video and one audio lecture by Dr Eric Langley (University College London), given at the English and Media Centre.
* One USB per order
This publication includes resources on USB. For your convenience, these resources are now also supplied in downloadable form. Buy the publication online and the resources included on the USB will be added to your account. Sign in to your account, click My Account (top right), then navigate to 'Our Downloads' (My Downloads' if signed into an UK Individual Teacher UK or UK Private Individual account). You will also receive the print pack with USB.
Please note there are multiple files to download.
If you want to download the publication at a later point, sign in to your account, then follow the instructions above.
- Studying King Lear (Hard copy, USB + digital assets)
- Number of pages
- Resource Type
- Book in the style of EMC Advanced Literature Series, with photocopiable PDF & video lectures on DVD
- Sample PDF
- Publication Categories