EMC_Free: Iridescent Adolescent Accompanying Resources (Download)
The PowerPoint and PDF resources provided in this EMC Free downloadable publication have been written to accompany the anthology Iridescent Adolescent: Diverse Literary Short Stories.
Informed by the experiences of a working group of teachers, who trialled the stories with their students and developed their own materials, these free PowerPoint lesson sequences place the stories themselves at the heart of learning.
Ranging across the anthology
- Ranging Across – 12 Activities
- What Is Interesting About A Story
Texts in Conversations
- Texts in Conversation 1 (The Last Woman on Earth, Time Capsule Found on the Dead Planet, An Account of the Decline of the Great Auk, According to One Who Saw It)
- Texts in Conversation 2 (The Roussalka, The Homecoming, Iridescent Adolescent)
- Texts in Conversation 3 (Doing That, Dark Star, Amir and George)
- Texts in Conversation 4 (Click-Clack the Rattlebag, The Typewriter, Foreboding)
- Personal to Critical Response: Tomorrow is Too Far
- Stepping into a Video Game: Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain
- Conversations with History: Great Pucklands
- Developing a Response: An Account of the Decline of the Great Auk, According to One Who Saw It
- Exploring Structure: The Typewriter and Last Woman on Earth
We would like to thank the following teachers who took part in our 'Teaching Iridescent Adolescent Project' (November 2020-April 2021):
Kauthar Abdi, Nushrat Basir, Hilary Benson, Mollie Berry, James Brillantes, Miriam Burton, Jess Callow, Esther Churchman, Sarah Clark, Michaela Clowes, Myfanwy Edwards, Simon Elford, Gareth Ellis, Lara Fisher, Julia Gibson, Laura Holton-Gaus, Kitty Howie, Jasmine Husband, Tayabbah Iqbal, Anurag Jain, Hannah Kemp, Laura Kemp, Hannah Jeens, Mary Lau, Kate Lea, Ali Lintin, Cathy Millar, Louisa Neuberger, Natanya Paris, Rosie Pannett, Chris Parsons, Rebecca Pearson, Jo Paterson, Tahmid Rahman, Daniel Raphael, Emma Smith, Kim Smith, Charlotte Sullivan, Jessica Tacon, Tara Vakil, Nick Wakeling, Carol Woodhouse
Important information on accessing EMC free download publications
- Sign in to your account on www.englishandmedia.co.uk (or register an account if you need to).
- Add the 'EMC_Free' publication to your basket.
- Go right the way through the checkout process (the publication is free but you need to check out).
- As soon as you have placed your order, your download publication will be available to download in your account. This publication comprises one zipped folder.
- Before you sign out or leave the website, click 'My Account' (top right).
- Click the link which says: 'Our Downloads' ('My Downloads' if you are signed into an individual rather than school account.)
- The publication will download to wherever downloads normally go on your computer (often your desktop or a Downloads folder).
- Double click the zip file. A folder with your 10 further folders inside in it will appear. Each folder contains a PowerPoint and any further resources needed to teach the sequence of activities.
Copyright and licence
Activities are copyright (©) English and Media Centre
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) License. The terms of this license are:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- NoDerivatives — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.
To view a copy of the license, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/.
You are free to share the materials within your own school or college (including via virtual learning platforms and shared resource libraries). Please do not share on social media or other sharing websites – point colleagues in the direction of EMC’s website where they can download their own copy.
- EMC_Free: Iridescent Adolescent Accompanying Resources (Download)
- Number of pages
- 10 folders of resources (PowerPoints, worksheets and handouts)
- Sample PDF
- Publication Categories