New Directions: Language Diversity research and resource pack (Download, EMC_Free)
New Directions: Language Diversity research and resource pack written by Amanda Cole and Dan Clayton
Our EMC collaboration with University of Essex is designed for teachers and students of A Level English Language and aims to bring some of the most up to date research on linguistic variation to the classroom. Featuring the work of over 40 linguists, this free download offers accessible research summaries, Q&As with many of those involved and sets of classroom activities, along with texts and articles to analyse.
The pack covers:
- Regional variation
- Social groups
- Race and ethnicity
- Gender and sexuality
- World Englishes
- Attitudes and representations
- Language and technology
It also features a detailed glossary to help define many of the key terms, and links throughout to help students see the connections between the different summaries and areas of study.
Important information on accessing your download publication
As soon as you have placed your order, your download publication will be available to download in your account. This publication includes a single PDF.
- Before you sign out or leave the website, click 'My Account' (top right).
- Click the link which says: 'Our Downloads' ('My Downloads' if you are signed into an individual rather than school account.)
- Click the 'Download' button.
- The publication will download to wherever downloads normally go on your computer (often your desktop or a Downloads folder).
- New Directions: Language Diversity research and resource pack (Download, EMC_Free)
- Number of pages
- Sample PDF
- Publication Categories