Studying A Streetcar Named Desire (Hard copy, CD + digital assets)
This photocopiable resource provides resources and activities to support students in exploring and analysing A Streetcar Named Desire as a literary text and as a drama script in production.
The publication provides material for before reading (including an introduction to naturalism and expressionism); approaches to each scene, and substantial after reading activities to allow students to explore key ideas in greater depth.
- Literary, generic and historic contextual materials (including New Orleans and the American South, the first stage production and censorship), with activities to support students in using this contextual knowledge effectively.
- Draws on literary, stylistic and creative approaches to critical analysis, providing ways of engaging with the play’s structure, language, characterisation and dramatic qualities, as well as its themes and ideas.
- Activities to support students in to balance close analysis of individual scenes, with a sense of the play as a whole, its development, structure and shape.
- Critical material integrated throughout the resource to sharpen up students’ own responses and to suggest new ways of interpreting the text.
This publication includes resources on CD. As more and more computers no longer have a disk drive, these resources are now also supplied in downloadable form. Buy the publication online and the resources included on the CD will be added to your account. Sign in to the account used to buy the publication, click My Account (top right), then navigate to 'Our Downloads' (My Downloads' if signed into an UK Individual Teacher UK or UK Private Individual account). You will also receive the print pack with CD.
Please note there are multiple files to download.
If you want to download the publication at a later point, sign in to your account, then follow the instructions above.
Already own this publication with CD and no longer have a disk drive?
- If you previously bought this publication via the website, the digital version of the files has automatically been added to your account. Sign in to the account used to buy the publication, click My Account (top right), then navigate to 'Our Downloads' (My Downloads' if signed into an UK Individual Teacher UK or UK Private Individual account.
- If you bought the publication offline (email, post, phone), please email [email protected], with evidence of your purchase so that we can provide you with a digital version of the files.
- Studying A Streetcar Named Desire (Hard copy, CD + digital assets)
- Number of pages
- Resource Type
- A4, photocopiable resource, with printable PDF on CD
- Sample PDF
- Publication Categories