Studying The Handmaid's Tale (Hard copy, CD + digital assets)
Designed to support the study of The Handmaid’s Tale for English Literature or combined Language and Literature courses at advanced level, the materials provide a suggested approach to teaching the text, with detailed classroom activities and supportive work in the early stages to set up key ideas and angles to prime students’ thinking as they read on. Thereafter, manageable chunks of the book are suggested to allow for more independent reading, with activities to support students along the way. Substantial ‘After Reading’ activities and resources pulling together key issues and ideas encourage students to go back into the text to explore overarching patterns, narrative techniques and themes to refine initial thinking.
- Resources to support the study of Atwood’s novel in its generic context
- Structured approaches for reading, with activities to encourage critical engagement
- A strong focus on the most significant aspects of language and structure
- Critical material woven into the activities, to enrich & extend students’ interpretations
- Connections with texts such as Nineteen Eighty-Four, Frankenstein, Never Let Me Go
- Fresh new angles, including creative responses, to sharpen up critical thinking.
This publication includes resources on CD. As more and more computers no longer have a disk drive, these resources are now also supplied in downloadable form. Buy the publication online and the resources included on the CD will be added to your account. Sign in to the account used to buy the publication, click My Account (top right), then navigate to 'Our Downloads' (My Downloads' if signed into an UK Individual Teacher UK or UK Private Individual account). You will also receive the print pack with CD.
Please note there are multiple files to download.
If you want to download the publication at a later point, sign in to your account, then follow the instructions above.
Already own this publication with CD and no longer have a disk drive?
- If you previously bought this publication via the website, the digital version of the files has automatically been added to your account. Sign in to the account used to buy the publication, click My Account (top right), then navigate to 'Our Downloads' (My Downloads' if signed into an UK Individual Teacher UK or UK Private Individual account.
- If you bought the publication offline (email, post, phone), please email [email protected], with evidence of your purchase so that we can provide you with a digital version of the files.
- Studying The Handmaid's Tale (Hard copy, CD + digital assets)
- Number of pages
- Resource Type
- A4, photocopiable resource, with printable PDF on CD
- Sample PDF
- Publication Categories