An Inspector Called and Other Stories – Textual Transformations by Barbara Bleiman (Hard copy)
15 original short stories by Barbara Bleiman, each responding creatively to a selection of novels, poems and plays regularly studied in KS3, KS4 and beyond. Although in conversation with the original text, opening up new angles or providing a commentary on them, the stories can also be enjoyed in their own right.
An Inspector Called and Other Stories is also an anthology of different genres and approaches to the short story, so allowing students to explore the flexibility of the form.
The stories transform, respond to and engage with the original texts in a wide variety of ways, all of which we hope will encourage students to experiment with their own transformations.
Stories and the texts they are in conversation with:
- An Inspector Calls
- Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
- Oliver Twist
- Blake’s ‘London’
- A Christmas Carol
- Shakespeare’s 'Sonnet 130'
- Hardy’s ‘Neutral Tones’
- Romeo and Juliet
- The Tempest/Lord of the Flies
- Animal Farm
- Browning's 'My Last Duchess'
- The Odyssey
- An Inspector Called and Other Stories – Textual Transformations by Barbara Bleiman (Hard copy)
- Number of pages
- Resource Type
- Pupil book with free downloadable resources
- Sample PDF
- Publication Categories